Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Eat Free Fight Hunger

I love City Harvest's annual Skip Lunch Fight Hunger fundraiser in New York City. It's been all over the blogs, but if you haven't heard about it, it's not too late to participate.

Since it's such a worthy cause and because some old habits die hard, I'm reinstating a mini Free Eats campaign this week aptly titled, Eat Free Fight Hunger. I'll be skipping lunch all week (hitting up some of my favorite free sampling spots instead) and donating $5 per meal to City Harvest. I've got plans to visit the Chelsea Whole Foods today (free sample day) for lunch and Thursday it looks like free tater tots and piggies with the girls at 5Ninth. Will have to do some more research to see what new free eating spots have emerged since March!

If you'd like to join my Eat Free Fight Hunger team email me!

Skip Lunch Fight Hunger -- Details
When: Tomorrow, May 6, donate the amount of money you would spend on your lunch to help feed a hungry child.

How: Visit the official site to register and donate. You can start a team or register as an individual.

What: The goal is to reach $600,000
$127,240 has been raised so far but there's still $472,759 to go.

No comments: