Friday, November 16, 2007

Details of Day 1

I'm in Italy! I flew in yesterday evening just when the sun was setting behind Venezia. I caught an ariel view of San Marco as we descended. It was surreal.

Now I am in my home away from home, the internet cafe. I found one near Piazza dei Signori which is in the historical center of Treviso. I'll pick up a map of Treviso while I'm here so I don't have to look like the lost dog from Annie anymore.

My apartment is good for now. I have a 44-year-old roommate named Lisa and a 23-year-old girl named Francesa. We shared two pizzas last night and chatted about our travels, the weather and the food. They both made sure I had every convenience and left cute notes for me this morning.

I'm now off to explore and get something to eat. I'm starving!

No comments: