Monday, July 7, 2008

No Internet...No Party

I'm in the mountains nearest to the town of Capua sitting in an Internet point that doubles as a karaoke bar. I think tone deaf would be a generous description of the guy who is singing right now. It's like a dying buffalo.

I'm staying in a house with a beautiful view but no air conditioning or cross ventilation and lots of mosquitoes. Thank goodness for Off. When I got home from work today the same lady was sitting outside the house in a white plastic lawn chair in the same floral Moo Moo. They are high fashion down in Napoli.

I am counting the days until I meet Mom and hit the Amalfi Coast.

1 comment:

RTD in Italia said...

Here in Rome I've seen internet points that double as Kebab restaurants, travel agencies, alimentari and various other establishments but not a karaoke bar...