Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Peek-A-Boo & Olive Cake

In the midst of Italy's current political turmoil and corruption accusations, you can always turn to children for a dose of pure and simple innocence.

Take for example, Fillipo. He's 5 years old, half Swedish and one of the most curious cuties in my class. I noticed him spying on me when I was preparing my lesson in the classroom so I quickly grabbed my camera. I imagine he gets away with everything at home...I mean, how can you scold a child when he gives you this smile? It gets me every time.



Then there's, Matia, one of my 5-year-olds. In today's English lesson he was hard at work crafting the perfect birthday cake. First he drew 5 candles, and then he decided on the flavors of his three-layered delicacy. He thought for a second and then said, "Mia torta รจ olive, miele e cioccolata." My cake is olives, honey and chocolate. Totally oblivious to the clashing tastes, he spent several minutes designing green and brown olives on top of the cake and proudly rushed over to show me once he had finished. It was a masterpiece fit for Gourmet.

No comments: