Friday, September 11, 2009

H2O UPDATE

I was excited to finally get word yesterday from charity:water's Director of Development, Carrie Sanders, about my $10,000 Trazzler campaign! She expressed enthusiasm and gratitude for our efforts to secure the win! She also clarified that, while she realizes I'd like to give back specifically to Cambodia, mycharity: water fundraisers are not able to designate the location of the water projects they are helping to fund.

So, although I would be so gratified to help the people who inspired me to write my entry in Siam Reap, I would be equally as proud to provide wells for those suffering from polluted water in any of the dozens of nations in need. Fresh water is fresh water, and nobody knows that better than the team at charity:water, who guarantee that 100% of your donations will go directly to a water project.

I'll know on or around September 21st whether I'm the Trazzler #NYCGO contest winner, and halfway to my $10k goal. The rest of the year I will be working on creative ways to raise the other $5k through mycharity:water campaign.

Stay tuned, cross fingers, and keep voting...we've still got 3 days before Trazzler polls close!

No comments: