Thursday, November 29, 2007

Pa-Pa-Pa-Pa Parmigiano

I'm doing everything I can to absorb this language. I listen to songs on the radio, read the local METRO newspaper on the bus (in which I found a hilarious Dear Abby-type letter about "What to do if you are dating a mamma's boy") and have the TV on while I'm getting ready for work in the morning.

While I may not yet be exercizing the subtleties of this beautiful language, I can recite Italian commercial jingles like it's my job! I get the biggest kick out of this one, to the tune of the Beach Boy's Babara Ann.



Pa-Pa-Pa Parmigiano
Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Reggiano


Yes, that's right. It's a commercial dedicated to everyone's favorite cheese, Parmigiano Reggiano. Not only is the jingle annoyingly catchy, but the commercial is a spin-off of the dancing Fruit of the Loom guys...think middle aged men wearing tights and assorted fruit costumes. Of course, the featured star of the commercial is a man dressed as a block of Parmesean cheese.


Only in Italy!


I think this is a YouTube video of the spot...I can't watch it on this computer but I hope you can!




1 comment:

PiDDuE said...

You send a Ping...
I answer with a Pong (on my personal blog)...

(Cut here!!! )
(If I disturb here, write me and I never disturb you again, ah my email is parisdue@gmail.com )